This keto soup recipe is low-carb, gluten and dairy free. It’s made with a simple blend of shredded chicken, onions, garlic cloves, cream cheese and parmesan.
The “creamy garlic chicken soup” is a delicious keto-friendly meal. The recipe is simple, and the ingredients are easy to find.
This article includes affiliate links, and if you buy anything via our site, we may get a small profit.
This creamy keto chicken soup is full of tasty garlic chicken, veggies, and fresh herbs. For a simple weekday supper that everyone will appreciate, make the greatest low carb soup in less than 30 minutes. Serve with freshly chopped parsley for a flavor boost, and your guests will be begging for seconds.
While I want to share easy keto recipes, I also enjoy meal prepping, so this shredded chicken soup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to five days, making it ideal for a fast lunch or supper.
I like to serve it with toasted flaxseed bread and a generous amount of fresh chopped parsley on top. You should give it a go since the combination is incredible.
Soups are typically simple to prepare, and this creamy low-carb soup is no exception. To boost the nutrients even further, use bone broth instead of chicken stock.
What Makes You Think You’ll Enjoy This Recipe?
- It’s quick and simple to cook in about 30 minutes, so it’s ideal if you’re short on time.
- It’s ideal for meal prep since it keeps for up to 5 days in the fridge.
- Filling and delicious.
This recipe is for you if you’re like me and don’t have hours to spend in the kitchen every day.
Chicken soup is a terrific mood enhancer as well as being very healthy and warm, making it the ideal keto soup for when you’re unwell.
This soup is naturally low in carbohydrates and keto-friendly. This recipe is a must-try if you want to learn how to prepare a creamy chicken soup using just ordinary ingredients and in under 30 minutes.
Is Chicken Soup on the Keto Diet?
Is chicken soup a low-carb option? Yes, although it varies according on the substances utilized. Certain veggies contain more carbohydrates than others, and some chicken soups do as well. Even if you’re counting carbohydrates, this low-carb chicken soup will fit into your meal plan.
One cup and a half of this keto shredded chicken soup contains 4 grams net carbohydrates per serving. The majority of the carbohydrates in this soup come from vegetables and cream cheese, which makes it unusual. You’ll never create a better chicken soup.
To make the Keto Chicken Soup, combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Only a few low-carb ingredients are required, such as:
- Shredded chicken – You can buy it or make the shredded chicken at home. That’s so easy and probably the whole process with take up to one extra hour.
- Chicken Broth – Use any broth you prefer. I love to use chicken broth, but you can use vegetable broth or bone broth as well.
- Garlic and Onion– Fresh minced Garlic is the key to this recipe. It adds so much flavor, and it goes perfectly with the creamy taste. The caramelized onion adds a specific sweetness to the soup.
- Heavy cream – no creamy soup is complete without a touch of heavy cream.
- Cream cheese – makes the soup ultra creamy and silky.
- Vegetables – For this soup, I chose celery, and zucchini because of their close to the white color and the neutral taste. It gives the soup a nice texture, but you can use any low carb vegetables you like.
- Seasonings – I like to keep it simple here and only add salt and salt and pepper to taste. Feel free to add garlic powder or something spicy if you feel like it
How Can I Make This Keto Soup Thicker?
We don’t use any flours or starches in this soup, so it won’t be thick. There are a few options for thickening the soup.
I sometimes use xanthan gum, but I usually leave it out since it isn’t completely natural. To thicken the soup, you’ll just need 1/2 tsp combined with water and poured in. Depending on how thick you want your soup, use more or less.
How to Make Low-Carb Chicken Soup from Scratch
The directions for making chicken soup on the stove are straightforward. It’s the most time-saving recipe. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- First, you’ll need to gather all the ingredients and chop all the vegetables – onion, celery, zucchini in small pieces.
- Then, caramelize the garlic and onion in a soup pot until fragrant.
- Add the broth, zucchini, and celery and simmer for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are fork-tender.
- Continue by adding the shredded chicken, and parsley. Season with salt and salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the cream cheese and heavy cream in a medium mixing bowl until smooth; Pour the cream cheese mixture into the chicken soup and whisk until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Garnish with parsley and garlic-infused oil and serve immediately. If you want a spicy keto soup, you may add chili flakes. Just before serving, grate some Parmesan cheese.
Variations on Low Carb Keto Chicken Soup
You may use any leftover chicken component in this soup recipe. I used shredded chicken breast that I had on hand, but roasted chicken thighs would be even better.
Use the veggies of your choice. Most veggies are keto-friendly, so broccoli, cauliflower, red pepper, or tiny spinach leaves may be used for added nutrition.
Some of my favorite herbs to use in this soup are basil, rosemary, thyme, and oregano.
Making The Best Low-Carb Chicken Soup Tips
- To increase the nutritional value, add some spinach or kale.
- You may utilize the leftovers from your rotisserie chicken.
- Substitute shredded boneless chicken thighs for the chicken breasts and cook in the same manner.
What is the best way to store Keto Chicken Soup?
- Fridge – Keep soup leftovers refrigerated for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
- Freezer – You will be surprised to find out that you can also freeze your soup. All you have to do is pour soup into freezer bags and keep it in the freezer for up to one month.
Keto Soup Recipes with Low Carbs
Try my other soup recipes if you’re seeking for additional keto soup ideas.
Creamy Garlic Chicken Keto Soup is simple to make and takes just 30 minutes to prepare. Enjoy a tasty, fast soup that is heavy in fat and low in carbohydrates.
- 3 cups chicken shredded
- 3 tablespoons butter
- cream cheese, 5 ounce
- 4 quarts chicken stock
- a half-cup of thick cream
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 medium sliced onion
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon of pink salt
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
Mode of Preparation Stop your screen from turning black.
Melt the butter in a soup saucepan and cook the garlic and onion for 2-3 minutes, or until transparent.
Bring to a boil the chicken broth, diced zucchini, and celery. Reduce the heat to low and cook the veggies for 10 minutes, or until they are soft.
Add the shredded chicken, parsley, salt, and salt and pepper to taste.
Combine the cream cheese and heavy whipping cream in a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Pour into the chicken soup. Stir thoroughly to incorporate all of the ingredients and melt the cream cheese.
Serve with flaxseed bread, parsley, and garlic-infused oil drizzled over top. Enjoy!
How do we figure out how much food to eat?
These Nutritional Information listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our Nutritional Information are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
Keywords: Keto Soup, Chicken Soup
Now is the time to subscribe!
To be the first to hear about new recipes, changes, and special discounts, sign up for our weekly email.
Thank you very much!
You have successfully subscribed to our our list.
FAVORITES OF READERS
The whole recipe may be found on the recipe card below. These recipes were created by readers who enjoyed this article:
Watch This Video-
The “Super Creamy Garlic Shredded Chicken Keto Soup” is a soup that has been created to help people with keto diets. It is made using shredded chicken, garlic, and cream. Reference: keto creamy chicken vegetable soup.
- keto creamy chicken mushroom soup
- garlic chicken soup recipe
- keto chicken soup creamy
- keto creamy chicken soup slow cooker
- keto chicken soup recipes