It’s a nice and easy recipe. You can have it as an appetizer or side dish for meat dishes.
The “fried cabbage without bacon” is a quick and easy way to cook cabbage. The recipe calls for using olive oil instead of butter and adding salt and pepper before frying.
This article includes affiliate links, and if you buy anything via our site, we may get a small profit.
This easy Fried Cabbage is a quick and simple side dish that takes less than 20 minutes to prepare. Make a wonderful sautéed cabbage with crisp bacon pieces that has been nicely caramelized.
I haven’t been this thrilled about a cabbage side dish recipe that isn’t homemade coleslaw or my favorite unstuffed cabbage roll soup in a long time. However, if you’re searching for a quick and easy cabbage dish, I’m certain that this fried cabbage will become a favorite.
In our family, a recipe for flawlessly soft and slightly spicy fried cabbage with onions and crispy bacon is a classic. Serve with pig roast, juicy steak, or oven-baked chicken thighs for a delicious meal.
Enjoy a simple one-pan dinner that’s great for meal planning, reheats nicely, and is very affordable. It may be reheated in the microwave or on the stove.
Wow, that’s incredible!
Why Do You Think You’ll Enjoy Fried Cabbage?
- With just 5 ingredients, it’s quite simple to create.
- The ideal low-carb side dish for the whole family.
- Crispy bacon chunks abound in this dish.
What Is the Best Way to Cut Cabbage for Frying?
Cut an entire head of cabbage in half down the centre. Remove the firm core from each cabbage half by cutting it in half again. Each quarter should be cut into tiny slices.
Fried Cabbage Ingredients
I understand that cooking with cabbage may seem strange, and you either love it or despise it. But this is the finest cabbage dish I’ve ever tried, and it’s created with just a few simple ingredients:
- Cabbage: To ensure that cabbage cooks uniformly, slice or shred it into bite-sized pieces.
- Bacon- I like thick-cut bacon for this dish since the bacon oil will be used to sauté the cabbage.
- Chipotle Flakes- for a dose of heat. Black pepper, Cajun flavor, or smoky paprika may all be used.
- Salt&Pepper- add salt at the end as cooked bacon is salty.
Fried Cabbage: A Step-by-Step Guide
You’ll be pleasantly pleased at how simple it is to cook cabbage in bacon oil. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Cook the bacon until it’s brown and crispy, then move it to a platter using a slotted spoon. We’re going to need some bacon grease!
- Cook for 5-8 minutes, or until the onion is mellow and tender.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes, or until the cabbage is somewhat soft.
- Return the bacon to the pan and stir to thoroughly reheat it.
- Season with salt, pepper, and chili flakes to taste.
- Serve right away and enjoy!!
How to Prepare the Best Fried Cabbage
- By shredding the cabbage, you may shorten the cooking time. A food processor or a sharp knife may be used for this.
- You may sauté the cabbage and onion in unsalted butter.
- Make sure the cabbage does not overcook; you don’t want it to get too soft.
- To caramelize the cabbage, cook it slowly over low heat. Without adding any sugar, this gives a lot of taste!
- For a vegetarian fried cabbage dish, use turkey bacon or vegan bacon instead of bacon.
- Instead of bacon, use smoked sausage.
- I like to finish it off with some fresh dill, and it’s delicious.
- I like to fried green cabbage, although Chinese cabbage or red cabbage are also delicious.
- Add apple cider vinegar for a punch of flavor.
- If you want an extremely soft fried cabbage, cook the cabbage for a few minutes longer.
Is it possible to prepare fried cabbage ahead of time?
Absolutely! This meal may be prepared three days ahead of time. Then, right before serving, add the bacon pieces. It reheats well in the microwave or in a pan.
How to Keep Things Safe
- If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge. Sautéed Cabbage leftovers may be kept in the fridge for up to one week.
- When you’re ready to eat it again, you can reheat the fried cabbage on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- Frozen cabbage may be frozen as well. Fill a freezer bag halfway with cabbage and squeeze out any extra air before sealing it completely. Freeze for up to two months in the freezer. The texture will alter little, but it will still be great! Allow it to thaw in the refrigerator before reheating.
Fried Cabbage in Different Ways
When I prepare this recipe, I prefer to eat it hot and plain, but it may also be served as a side dish with a variety of main courses. Here are a few of the greatest suggestions:
If you’re looking for more vegetable side dishes, look no further. Consider the following:
This fast Fried Cabbage is a quick and simple side dish that takes less than 20 minutes to prepare. Make a wonderful sautéed cabbage with crisp bacon pieces that has been nicely caramelized.
- 1 green cabbage head, tiny roughly 10 cups cabbage, chopped
- 6 bacon slices (cut into tiny pieces)
- 1 coarsely sliced medium yellow onion
- 14 teaspoon smoked paprika or red pepper flakes
- season with salt and pepper to taste
Mode of Preparation Stop your screen from turning black.
Cook the bacon until it is crispy over medium heat. Place the bacon on a platter and set aside. Keep the bacon drippings!
In the same pan, cook the onion for 5-8 minutes, or until transparent.
Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until cabbage is soft.
Season to taste with salt, pepper, and chili flakes after adding the bacon. Warm it up before serving!
How do we figure out how much food to eat?
These Nutritional Information listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our Nutritional Information are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
Now is the time to subscribe!
To be the first to hear about new recipes, changes, and special discounts, sign up for our weekly email.
Thank you very much!
You have successfully subscribed to our our list.
FAVORITES OF READERS
The whole recipe may be found on the recipe card below. These recipes were created by readers who enjoyed this article:
Fried cabbage is a very easy recipe that doesn’t require any complicated ingredients and can be made in minutes. Reference: simple cabbage recipes.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you cut cabbage for frying?
A: To cut cabbage for frying, use a sharp knife and slice along the edge. Take a large piece of paper towel and hold it on top of the sliced cabbage as you chop with your knife.
Can I have a recipe for fried cabbage?
A: Unfortunately, I am not allowed to give out recipes.
How do you make Patti Labelle cabbage?
A: You need to buy a cabbage and slice it into thin strips. Now, you need to boil these strips in water for about ten minutes before adding them back on the cabbage then putting some salt on top of that.
- how to fry cabbage
- stir-fried cabbage recipes
- crispy fried cabbage
- fried cabbage and potatoes
- fried cabbage and onions